Neodymium magnet, also known as NdFeB magnet, is one of the most commonly used rare earth magnets today and is widely used in electronic products, such as hard drives, mobile phones, headsets, and battery-powered tools. However, neodymium magnets also have some drawbacks, including that their effects may be extremely affected in certain circumstances. For this reason, it is important to store neodymium magnets correctly. Then how should neodymium magnets be stored? In this article, we will try to answer this question.
How to store neodymium magnets?
1. Do not store neodymium magnets in a humid environment to avoid oxidation, which may cause changes in appearance, physical properties, and magnetic properties.
2. Do not put neodymium magnets near floppy disks, hard drives, credit cards, tapes, debit cards, TV picture tubes, etc. If the neodymium magnet is close to the magnetic recorder and other devices, it will affect or even destroy the recorded data.
3. Neodymium magnets are very easy to attract all kinds of iron-containing dust. If the neodymium magnet attracts other substances or dust, it is not only difficult to clean but also easily affects the corrosion resistance and surface gloss of the product. Therefore, neodymium magnets should be kept in a dust-free and dry environment.
4. A safe distance must be kept between the larger neodymium magnets. A collision between two magnets may be dangerous or may cause the two magnets to be broken and scrapped.
5. For larger neodymium magnets, plastic or hard paper spacers should be added between each piece to ensure that the magnets can be easily separated.
6. Always be very careful when handling and storing powerful NdFeB magnets, because the magnets will stick together by themselves and may pinch your fingers.
Thank you for reading our article and we hope it can help you to know how should neodymium magnets be stored better. If you want to learn more about magnets, we would like to advise you to visit Stanford Magnets for more information.