What is a pot magnet?
As we all know, pot magnet is a magnet system which embedded powerful NdFeB magnets into a durable steel cup or channel. It’s also named as cup magnet or mounting magnet, holding the magnet.
Many shapes are round base, but if you need other shapes like the rectangular mounting magnet, we can make custom cup magnet for you. The mounting magnet usually comes with a hole, especially countersunk hole, this design will help for mounting with standard hardware (nuts and bolts), as well as various hooks.
Compared with single neodymium countersunk magnet, pot magnet has more advantages
1. More Magnetic Strength with small size: the steel housing concentrates magnetic force on one side and increases the holding power dramatically.
2. Cost Saving: due to super-strong magnetic force, it can use less rare earth magnet and reduce the magnet cost.
3. Durability: neodymium magnets are very brittle, steel or rubber covering can protect them.
4. Mounting Options: pot magnets can apply to many accessories, so they can work with different mounting options.
Recently, Stanford Magnets succeed in redesigning a strong pot magnet assembly after two unsuccessful attempts. In the case of no change of magnet system size, it increases the magnetic pull force greatly.
Our Magnet Custom Service Includes:
1. Independence design
2. Cost reduction under the same pull force
3. The increase of pull force under the same size
4. Pull force from a few kilograms to several tons
5. Sample available and volume production
Type of Pot Magnets
These pot magnets have the following shapes:
Applications of Pot Magnets
It’s a popular magnetic assembly for home and industrial using as hanging and wall mounting applications.
1. Fishing for Lost Objects
2. Hanging Items
3. Mounting Article
4. Hobby & leisure